- The Commitment Role of Equity Financing (with V. Merlo, G. Wamser), forthcoming, Journal of the European Economic Association.
- Minimum Wages and Relational Contracts, 2017, Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, 33 (2), 301-331.
- Relational Contracts for Household Formation, Fertility Choice and Separation (with R. Rees, A. Wuppermann), 2016, Journal of Population Economics, 29(2), 421-455.
- Optimal Contracting with Private Military and Security Companies (with T. Hadjer), 2015, European Journal of Political Economy, 37, 220-240.
- On the Genesis of Multinational Foreign Affiliate Networks (with P. Egger, G. Wamser, V. Merlo), 2014, European Economic Review, 65(1), 136‐163.
- Relational Contracts with Private Information on the Future Value of the Relationship: The Upside of Implicit Downsizing Costs (with N. Klein), R&R, AEJ: Micro
- Size Matters – “Over”investments in a Relational Contracting Model (with F. Englmaier), R&R, Economic Journal
- Teamwork as a Self-Disciplining Device (with H. Hakenes), R&R, AEJ: Micro
- Long -Term Employment Relations when Agents are Present-Biased (with F. Englmaier, M. Schwarz)
- Relational Contracts, the Costs of Enforcing Formal Contracts, and Capital Structure Choice — Theory and Evidence (with V. Merlo, G. Wamser)
- What Drives Reciprocal Behavior? The Optimal Provision of Incentives Over the Course of Careers (with A. Schade, K. Schüssler)
- The Benefits of Collusion (with M. Reisinger)
- Market Competition and Informal Incentives (with T. Murooka)
- On the Dynamics of Multinational Firm Organization (with P. Egger, V. Merlo, G. Wamser)