Skip to content
Publications & Accepted Articles
- Reciprocity in Dynamic Employment Relationships, accepted, Management Science.
- Present Bias in the Labor Market – When it Pays to be Naive (with R. Seibel), 2022, Games and Economic Behavior, 135, 144-167.
- Transparency in Relational Contracts (with G. Zanarone), 2022, Strategic Management Journal, 43(5), 1046-1071.
- Size Matters – “Over”investments in a Relational Contracting Model (with F. Englmaier), 2019, Economic Journal, 129(624), 3092-3106.
- Relational Contracts with Private Information on the Future Value of the Relationship: The Upside of Implicit Downsizing Costs (with N. Klein), 2019, American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 11(4), 33-58.
- Teamwork as a Self-Disciplining Device (with H. Hakenes), 2019, American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 11(4), 1-32.
- The Commitment Role of Equity Financing (with V. Merlo, G. Wamser), 2019, Journal of the European Economic Association, 17(4), 1232-1260.
- Minimum Wages and Relational Contracts, 2017, Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, 33 (2), 301-331.
- Relational Contracts for Household Formation, Fertility Choice and Separation (with R. Rees, A. Wuppermann), 2016, Journal of Population Economics, 29(2), 421-455.
- Optimal Contracting with Private Military and Security Companies (with T. Hadjer), 2015, European Journal of Political Economy, 37, 220-240.
- On the Genesis of Multinational Foreign Affiliate Networks (with P. Egger, G. Wamser, V. Merlo), 2014, European Economic Review, 65(1), 136‐163.
- Informal Incentives and Labor Markets (with T. Murooka), revise and resubmit, Economic Journal
- Long -Term Employment Relations when Agents are Present-Biased (with F. Englmaier, M. Schwarz), revise and resubmit, International Economic Review
- Relational Contracts, the Costs of Enforcing Formal Contracts, and Capital Structure Choice – Theory and Evidence (with V. Merlo, G. Wamser), revised and resubmitted, Quantitative Economics
- Non-Common Priors, Incentives, and Promotions: The Role of Learning (with N. Klein)
- Outside Options and Worker Motivation (with A. Ahammer, F. Stiftinger)
- Competition and Productivity – The Role of Informal Incentives (with T. Murooka)
- The Effects of Information Sharing on Moral Hazard in Credit Markets – Theory and Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation in the Philippines (with K. Czura, L. Spantig)
- Informal Incentives and Product Market Competition – How Digitalization Affects Production Efficiency, Firm Size, and Consumer Welfare (with T. Murooka)
- Introduction to Past and Future Developments in the Economics of Relational Contracts (with W.B. MacLeod, G. Mühlheußer)
- Overconfidence in Relational Contracts (with N. Klein)
- What Drives Reciprocal Behavior? The Optimal Provision of Incentives Over the Course of Careers (with A. Schade, K. Schüssler)